Thursday, January 26, 2012

Font issue for creating own sweatshirt?

I have a sweatshirt that I love dearly and I've basically worn it out. Since it was a custom-made item during a vacation, I am on my own to recreate the sweatshirt. There is also a trademark logo that stores would need special permission to use. I am fine with recreating the sweatshirt on my own but I am having a problem: the font. The problem is not the actual font name but the fact that it was a font that was filled in with a design. The design was a green Hawaiian floral one, and I can not seem to figure out how to recreate that part.



Does anyone know how I could recreate this? What I am really looking for is someplace that would have this design available as a fill-in. So far, I have only found solid color fill ins and not patterns. Any advice would be helpful.
Font issue for creating own sweatshirt?
Take a look at Custom Ink and see if you can design something similar. Perhaps you can pick a font that is open and paste some flowers inside and then fill in with color? Just play with it and see what you can come up with...



http://www.customink.com/



Hopefully you can create something that you will love! Best of luck.
Reply:You could put the shirt right down on a scanner and get the design into your computer, then reverse it and do an iron-on transfer for a new shirt. Or print it onto printer fabric and make a tote bag or pillow.



The original shirt can be cut and used as the front of a pillow or a quilt block, or even framed like a picture.



Many photo programs will allow you to do letters with a pattern in them, or transparent letters over a floral pattern, to get that font effect.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment